- 01/10 – Two new undergraduate students – Katka and Misa – joined our group. They will work on synthesis and biological evaluation of new potent chronotherapeutics. Welcome!
- 12/09 – Very happy news! Our dear colleague Sona has successfully defended her thesis and can call herself a doctor from now on (actually, not a real doctor, just a PhD 🙂 🙂 🙂 ). Congratulations to your success!
- 29/08 – Our colleague Patricia just left for her 3-months internship in Ontario, Canada. She will join a group of prof. Hudlicky at St. Catharines, where she will synthetizing analogs of narciclasin. Enjoy your stay and return back safely!
- 31/07 – After long and tedious process, the complex review about imidazopyridine-based selective and multifunctional ligands is finally published in Eur. J. Med. Chem.! The paper arose as a result of our collaboration with Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Poland and congratulations mainly go to David, as the first author, who spent quite a lot of time with creating this masterpiece!
- 20/06 – Sona presented her work at XVIII International Conference on Heterocycles in Bioorganic Chemistry “Bioheterocycles” in beautiful city of Ghent, Belgium and she won the first place for the “Best Oral Communication”! Soural group is decently represented abroad, I must say!
- 23/05 – Sona presented her work at XIX. Interdisciplinary meeting of young life scientists at Milovy, Czech Republic. She ended in “TOP 5 presentations in chemical sciences”. Congrats!
- 03/05 – Great success for Soural group again! Sona competed in Dean’s award and she won the PhD section as well as the whole chemistry section. Congratulations!
- 30/04 – David arrived back from his internship, we are so happy to have you here again!
- 28/03 – Sona has been nominated as a representative of Palacky University in Jean-Marie Lehn Prize for Chemistry. Fingers crossed!
- 01/02 – David left us for a while and started his 3 months internship in Vienna. He will join the group of prof. Nuno Maulide. Enjoy your stay!
- 28/01 – 30/01 – We had spent 3 amazing days at traditional team-building event of our Department at Ski Areal Karlov pod Pradedem!
- 14/01 – Petra has published new first-autorship paper dealing with synthesis of single and fused diketomorpholines in ACS Comb. Sci. Good job!
- 17/12 – Tremendous ending of this marvelous year! Another first-authorship publication of Sona, dealing with PROTAC conjugates, has been published in Chemical Communication! Congratulations to all authors, great job!
- 14/12 – Petra returned from her internship in Kraków. Welcome back!
- 10/12 – Our group organized annual pre-Christmas meeting at our department. Lots of snacks, hot wine and music, but mainly great memories.
- 04/12 – New bachelor student Iva joined our group. Feel welcome!
- 02 – 04/11 – Patricia, Sona and David attended 53rd Advances in Organic, Bioorganic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry “Liblice 2018” in Lázně Bělohrad, Czech Republic with their posters and Mirek was honored to have an invited lecture, talking about results of the whole squad. Amazing event, I must say!
- 31/10 – Spotted. MS group has been photoshooted! Many thanks to our kind and skilled colleague Honza Pokorny for beautiful photos!
- 04/10 – Veronika Zdrazilova joined our group for her bachelor thesis. Welcome!
- 17/09 – Petra left us for a while and started her 3 months internship in Kraków, Poland in group of assoc. prof. Zajdel. Enjoy your stay as much as you can!
- 13/09 – Daniel joined us for his Master thesis. Welcome!
- 09 – 12/09 – Petra attended a local conference 70th Congress of the Czech and Slovak Chemical Societies in Zlin, with short oral communication about her PhD results.
- 23 – 25/08 – Mirek attended Young Investigator Workshop 2018 at the University of Oxford as a plenary speaker.
- 23/07 – Patricia started her PhD. May the Force be with you!
- 03/07 – Congrats to Petra for her recent first-author publication in ACS Combinatorial Science.
- 01/06 – Patricia successfully defended her Master thesis and graduated with honours. Congratulations!
- 03/05 – Soural group totally rocks! Patricia and Sona attended prestigious Dean’s Award at our Faculty and they represented us very well! Patricia won 2nd place in the Master section (Chemistry), whereas Sona conquered the whole competition – 1st place in Ph.D section, 1st place in Chemistry section and overall winner of all sections. Congrats to both of you!
- 23/04 – Sona finally returned from her internship in Germany. Welcome back!
- 20/04 – Another pleasant collaboration with our Japanese colleagues, Dr. Michal Malon and Dr. Hiroyuki Koshino, led to new paper about new compounds derived from alfa-acylamino ketones in Molecules. This work belongs to the Special Issue Solid Phase Synthesis.
- 12/04 – Collaboration with Hlavac group from our department yielded in J. Med.Chem publication. Congratulations to all co-authors!
- 07/02 – Successful collaboration with Urban group from our department brought another juicy fruit! The fluorescently labeled triterpenes got published in Chem. Eur. J. Thanks to all authors for great work!
- 06/02 – Patricia published part of her Master thesis in Synlett. Congratulations!
- 31/01 – Veronika and our Japanese NMR expert Dr. Michal Malon published another joint paper about triethylsilane enantioselective reduction in Eur. J. Org. Chem.
- 12/01 – Jozef Pecha joined our group for his bachelor thesis. He will work under David’s laboratory supervision. Welcome!
- 08/01 – Sona left us for a while and started her 5 months internship in Goettingen, Germany in group of prof. Alcarazo. She will be dealing with hypervalent sulphur compounds. Enjoy your stay as much as you can!
- 22/12 – A short review about applications of triethylsilane in organic synthesis is published in Eur. J. Org. Chem. Congratulations belong to Veronika!
- 16/12 – Congrats to David for his recent first-autor publication in Eur. J. Med. Chem. Thanks to all authors for collaboration!
- 10/12 – Our group organized small Christmas party at our department. It was amazing although some memories from the evening are missing…
- 24/11 – Congrats to Sona for her recent first-author publication about CDK inhibitor conjugates with folic acid in J. Org. Chem. Thanks to all authors for collaboration!
- 03 – 05/11 – Sona attended 52nd Advances in Organic, Bioorganic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry “Liblice 2017” with short oral presentation.
- 02/11 – Martina Drabikova published her first author publication about selectivity of Mitsunobu alkylation in Tetrahedron, as a part of her Master thesis. Martina was under supervision of Sona, so it’s huge success for both of them!
- 19/10 – Congratulation to Petra for her recent publication in ACS Combinatorial Science. We are also thankful to Dr. Michal Malon for his kind help with NMR analysis.
- 10/10 – Hard work pays off. Sona received prestigious DAAD funding for her upcoming internship in Germany. Congratulations!
- 30/08 – We attended 17th Blue Danube Symposium on Heterocyclic Chemistry in Linz, Austria. It was one of the best conference so far! Many interesting topics and great memories (“Eldorádo!”) from this beautiful city.
- 29/4 – First photo of our group!
- 01/03 – Zuzka Balova and Renata Panikova joined us for their Bachelor theses. Welcome!